1. I made vanilla chai body butter yesterday and it is my new favourite thing. I used the same recipe as I did for my shea sugar scrub, except without sugar and with mango and cocoa butter instead of shea. It was really runny last night, but it set beautifully and smells delicious and I'm actually pretty upset I can't eat it. Instead I just coated myself in it and layered a spicy dragon's blood perfume over the top. Now I smell delicious and I feel all warm and cosy. Making body butter might be my new obsession (although whipping the butters is painful. I need a proper electric whisk).
2. I'm aiming to crack 50k on Descent this week, which should put me in a good position to finish a first draft in February, leaving March free for UNDERTOW's release. It's been almost two years since DEMONIZED came out, so I want to come up with some fun stuff to get people interested. Ideas are welcome! If you'd like an advance copy for (an honest) review, let me know as they should be ready soon. I'm toying with the idea of a "street team," as they seem to work well for some authors, but I'm not sure I'll well-known enough to warrant it.
3. I should have a new laptop any day now! *dances* Officially it's just for gaming but unofficially I'm going to make it my writing laptop too, because my old Toshiba is perilously close to being a danger to everyone around it.
4. I got a gorgeous absinthe-based perfume from one of my favourite Etsy perfumers this morning and it came with two sample scents that I already have, so if anyone would like them, let me know. One is called Hearth and is all chestnuts and cream and rum, the other is called Dragon's Milk and is coconutty, dragon's bloody (yes, , that elusive dragon's blood!), and floral.
5. There is no five, so please enjoy this baby sloth: